The Servant Marketer
A weekly podcast that explores the crossroads of Servant Leadership and the marketing profession. Each week marketing leaders, marketers, creatives, academics, and entrepreneurs share their experiences in marketing, leadership, business, and education to develop a new generation of marketers who serve first.
Awareness, especially disciplined self-awareness, is a key leadership attribute for recognizing issues within a team. Servant leaders must constantly scan the horizon and be aware of what is around them, but also cultivate a deep understanding of themselves.
Join us as we discuss:
- Heroic individualism and inevitable burnout (3:42)
- Why leaders need a self-awareness brain trust (20:45)
- Choosing to be good enough over perfect (32:26)
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Brad Stulberg Twitter
- Brad Stulberg Instagram
- The Practice of Groundedness: A Transformative Path to Success That Feeds–Not Crushes–Your Soul
You can find this interview and many more by subscribing to The Servant Marketer on Apple Podcasts, on Spotify, or here.
The Servant Marketer is a weekly podcast exploring the crossroads of Servant Leadership and the marketing profession. Each week marketing leaders, marketers, academics, entrepreneurs and creatives join host Jenny Petty to discuss how marketers can learn to serve first.
- Brad Stulberg | Awareness: Overcoming Perfection February 1, 2023Awareness, especially disciplined self-awareness, is a key leadership attribute for recognizing issues within a team. Servant leaders must constantly scan the horizon and be aware of what is around them, but also cultivate a deep understanding of themselves. Brad Stulberg, author of The Practice of Groundedness, shares his insights on how great leaders can attain self-awareness […]
- Teresa Valerio Parrot | Building Consensus Through Persuasion January 25, 2023The art of persuasion is an essential implement in every servant leader’s toolbox. Bound by truth and choice, a great persuader can bring teams to a composed consensus and move projects forward.Teresa Valerio Parrot, Principal at TVP Communications, shares her insights on how persuasion is used for good to influence and empower teams to overcome […]
- Christina Garnett | Building Authentic Communities January 18, 2023Humans naturally seek out fellowship in community, but someone has to take it upon themselves to intentionally build community through listening, empathy and advocacy.Servant leaders build community by sensing and diagnosing real issues. Christina Garnett, Principal Marketing Manager of Offline Community and Advocacy at HubSpot, shares her insights on building communities in a post-pandemic world. […]
- Jeff Kallay | Conceptualization in a Transformation Economy January 11, 2023Helping kick off our 10-part series on the characteristics of servant leadership, Jeff Kallay, Senior Vice President of Enrollment Consulting at Echo Delta, joins me to discuss conceptualization.Jeff has spent the last 16 years touring colleges and universities and auditing their campuses. In doing so, he’s helped over 300 schools elevate the student experience.In this […]
- Episode 22 - Rebekah Tilley | Social Media and Healing February 24, 2021
- Episode 21 - Brooke B. Sellas | Comfort Marketing February 18, 2021
- Episode 20 - Seth Odell | Using Curiosity to Serve February 3, 2021
- Episode 19 - Massiel Abramson | The Proper Care and Feeding of Teams January 25, 2021
- Episode 18 - Terry Flannery | How to Market a University January 13, 2021
- Episode 17 - Rick Bailey | Are All Marketers Liars? December 5, 2020